Problem Solving and Decision Making Training Course
Our Problem Solving and Decision Making Training Course is highly interactive, packed with activities that enable you to apply a range of problem solving techniques and develop problem solving competencies.
Take a look at the “We fix broken people” problem solving and decision making activity in Spectrain’s Shop
- Apply a range of methods to identify a problem and its cause and effects
- Utilise a combination of approaches to analyse the problem to make accurate and timely decisions to solve problems
- Develop the ability to solve complex, difficult, and intractable problems, and create effective and innovative solutions
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of solutions to problems
- Make an Effective Decision – Learn How Now
- Resolving issues quickly and accurately.
- Developing innovative solutions to problems.
- Applying objective judgment to decision making.
- Monitoring successful implementation of solutions
- You will learn valuable techniques and methodologies to expand your critical thinking abilities
- You will discover techniques to enable you to accurately define a problem So, you will be sure you are working on the problem itself – and not the symptoms
- You will “Mind the Gap” between the problem and procrastination and recognise the common pitfalls encountered when problem solving
- Recognise when to consult and involve others in the process of problem solving and decision making
- Utilize appropriate and useful techniques such as Mind Mapping ©, Brainstorming, Ishikawa Diagrams, Lateral Thinking Techniques, Evaluation Techniques, SWOT analyses
- Overcome barriers to effective problem solving and utilize group problem solving techniques
- You will sell credible solutions to stakeholders
Many people download our free six thinking hats toolkit available here: https://www.spectrain.co.uk/product/six-thinking-hats-problem-solving-tool/
Problem Solving and Decision Making Training Course Content
Gathering Evidence – Heart or Mind Strategy
- An understanding of a variety of approaches to effectively collecting information to solve problems.
- How your emotions can influence your reactions – controlling bias and identifying credible criteria
- Understanding Thinking Patterns Do you go towards > or Away from < Your Goal?
- The Way We See the Problem Avoiding Positive/Negative Generalization
- Making Decisions – Your Experience of Yesterday What did you learn then to apply to today or tomorrow?
- The Decision Making Model Apply the Six Step Approach
A Toolkit of Problem Solving and Decision Making Techniques
- Weighting Criteria
- Mind Mapping
- New Shoes
- Ishikawa Technique
- Rainbow Textiles Interactive Activity
- Mind the Gap! – Traps to avoid! The Anchoring Trap. The Status Quo Trap, The Sunk Cost Trap, The Confirming Evidence Trap, The Framing Trap, The Recent Event Trap
- Lateral Thinking
- Pareto Analysis
- Force Field Analysis
- Six Hats Creative and Innovative Decision Making
- Using VHF! Create positive neural pathways. Use multiple intelligences
- Make an Informed Decision and Sell It